[oslc-core] New OSLC ChangeLog Proposal

Frank Budinsky frankb at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jan 4 11:14:19 EST 2011

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for not adding more detailed (property-level) change
information is because we'd like to keep the design as simple as possible
at this point. We would like to make the ChangeLog an RFC 2119 MUST (or at
least highly RECOMMENDED) requirement for every service provider
implementation, so the cost of entry should be as low as possible. Making a
detailed ChangeLog optional, as you suggested, would be possible, but even
there our thinking is that it would be easy to add this kind of optional
feature/improvement in the future, if we find a compelling use case, and
not complicate the initial design right now.

I haven't seen a suitable existing RDF history/change model out there, but
if anyone knows of something we might consider, please let me know.

Thanks,
Frank.

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 12/23/2010 09:41:48
AM: