[oslc-core] Public repository/registry for vocabularies

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Wed Feb 16 17:47:47 EST 2011

Jim,

The project I was referring to is Open Ontology Repository [1]. This is an
open source project based on BioPortal which hosts many biology
ontologies. There is a sandbox server [2]. I saw a panel discussion on
this at SemTech 2010 [3]. I don't think they have a public instance up.

To see what this would look like, go to BioPortal [4]. This is a nice web
interface to the terms in multiple ontologies.

We could look for or wait for a public instance, or we could host the repo
on our OSLC server. I poked around the OOR project. They seem to have a
lot of meetings, but I could not find a place to download the code. The
BioPortal code is real, but I'm not sure what shape the OOR code is in. I
am following up with a project lead.

[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository
[2] http://oor-01.cim3.net/
[3]
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR_presentations_publications/OOR-SemTech_Jun2010.pdf
[4] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management
IBM Software, Rational
Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063