[oslc-core] Attachments

Scott Bosworth bosworth at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 8 09:13:19 EST 2011

Sounds to me like there is an emerging consensus that we not take this up
as a core workgroup or a core spec topic, for the various reasons already
stated. I think that's fine, but we should recognize that we have a
narrower and specific set of use cases/needs expressed by several CM
workgroup members. I suggest that we push this topic back to the CM
workgroup to decide actions they want/need to take and that the core
workgroup stay appraised of progress they make in experimenting or spec'ing
of CM specific approaches. Steve, does this make sense to you?

> From: Martin Nally/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
> To: Nick Crossley/Irvine/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: oslc-core at open-services.net
> Date: 02/07/2011 06:07 PM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Attachments
> Sent by: oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
>
> To me this sounds like there is not a sufficiently compelling reason to
> specify anything new, beyond perhaps explaining how Dave's non-design can
> be applied to attachments. How would we poll the stakeholders to test
that
> assertion?
>
> Best regards, Martin
>
> Martin Nally, IBM Fellow