[oslc-core] Representing the order of triples in a query response that uses oslc.orderBy

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Wed Dec 14 16:21:30 EST 2011

John,

As we discussed in our telecon today:

1. My suggestion was to provide the ordering within a page (rdf:_1 appears
in each page) since this is slightly easier for servers to do. However,
providing the global order would also work.
2. An alternative is to add another "pseudo-property" each resource like
we do for full text search, e.g. oscl:sortedOrder.
3. Yes, each URI is a different resource, but the semantics of the query
string defines that the RDF representation of the resource is a subset of
the triples in the service, i.e. the URI of the resource is not
necessarily the subject of any triples. We do violate this rule when it
comes to representing the order of full text search so we might as well
also violate it for sorting. In both cases we'd be adding triples to
convey the order.

Arthur Ryman

DE, PPM & Reporting Chief Architect
IBM Software, Rational
Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)