[oslc-core] domain URL for Service that supports creation/query of Service Provider resources

Joe Ross joeross at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 25 19:30:38 EDT 2011

In Tivoli, we are creating a Provider Registry that is itself implemented
as a Service Provider (a Service Provider for Service Provider resources).
We want to do this, so that we can support creation of Service Provider
records using a Creation Factory and querying for Service Providers using
a Query Capability.

As part of defining the Service, we need to provide an oslc:domain with
namespace URI. Does it make sense for us to use the OSLC Core namespace
URI  (http://open-services.net/ns/core# ) for this? That seems logical
since all of the resources we are supporting in this Provider Registry
Service Provider are defined in the OSLC Core spec.

Thanks much,

Joe Ross/Austin/IBM, joeross at us.ibm.com
Tivoli Autonomic Computing & Component Technologies
512-286-8311, T/L 363-8311