[oslc-core] OSLC Tutorial status

Samit Mehta samit.mehta at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 19 11:03:34 EDT 2011

Hi Dave,

I took a fairly quick scan of the tutorial, and its really great.  I found
the details on consuming Delegated UI and UI Preview especially useful for
folks who may not have had experience with consuming such services before.
 It also introduces Jena and the use of RDF tools for parsing RDF/XML
which will help folks who are not familiar with that.

Here is some feedback:
1) It would be good to mention in the Delegated UI section that Nina is
choosing to use Dojo toolkit for consuming that service.  You did this for
the UI Preview, and it helps set the context for the code samples
provided.  It would be also helpful if you provided the appropriate
references for folks not familiar with Dojo toolkit.
2) Based on your notes at the bottom of the document, I know that you
purposely left out the service discovery aspect from the tutorial.  I
think that this is important to include this in the first version of the
tutorial.  It is non-trivial, and may also mislead consumers to skip
programmatic discovery entirely.

This will really be a great resource already.

Samit Mehta
(512) 323-9350 - Work
mailto:samit.mehta at us.ibm.com
IBM Rational Software - Business Development