[oslc-core] Better name for OSLC indexing profile

Benjamin Williams bwilliams at uk.ibm.com
Tue Apr 5 09:28:30 EDT 2011

Thanks Frank

I guess the least efficient of scenarios (that eventually may be end up
being quite common as we find more interesting applications for the
indices) is when a service provider creates multiple Query Capabilities
that include queries for the total set of resources in addition to a
number of subsets. Still this loss of efficiency through merging graphs
containing duplicate resources looks like it could be addressed in the
future via the extension that you and John discussed in a parallel email
(perhaps by recommending best practice that only one Query Capability (for
the total set of published resources) have an oslc:usage value of
http://open-services/ns/core#published, and that any additional Query
Capabilities for resource subsets have different oslc:usage values)

Regards

Benjamin Williams
Rational Reporting Strategy Lead
Senior Product Manager, Rational Reporting
IBM Software, Rational

Phone: 44-118 9793107
E-mail: bwilliams at uk.ibm.com
Find me on: