[oslc-core] REMINDER: OSLC Core WG meeting tomorrow 10am US/ET

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Fri Sep 17 14:39:45 EDT 2010

Dave,

I think we need to follow the guidance in the RDF specs about the meaning
of reified Statements. The purpose of reification is so that you can make
statements about statements, e.g. do you believe a statement, who made the
statement, for what time period is the statement valid, etc. [1]

RDF applications sometimes need to describe other RDF statements using
RDF, for instance, to record information about when statements were made,
who made them, or other similar information (this is sometimes referred to
as "provenance" information).

Granted that there is no sharp boundary, but the example proposed in the
guidance seems to be well on the other side. The example is really about
properties of a very natural domain model resource, Subscription, not
about the subscribesTo link.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/#reification

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management
IBM Software, Rational
Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063