[oslc-core] Question on use of foaf:Person

Samuel Padgett spadgett at us.ibm.com
Sat Sep 4 12:26:31 EDT 2010

Hi, Scott. Appendix A says this,

>> "There is an additional constraint for foaf:Person. Implementations
MUST specify either a non-empty foaf:name value or both a non-empty
foaf:givenName and foaf:familyName values." [1]

A lot of providers don't require a real name when creating user IDs.
ClearQuest is one example. I'm not sure how to handle this case as it's a
MUST per the spec.

Also I share Ian's concern that this is potentially sensitive information.

Best Regards,
Sam

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA?sortcol=table;table=up#foaf_Person_Resource