[oslc-core] Guidance on oslc:label content

Patrick Streule patrick_streule at ch.ibm.com
Fri Sep 3 13:33:07 EDT 2010

The description for oslc:label (e.g. in Dialog) currently states "Very
short label for use in menu items".

When these labels are used in menus, their content should be similar across
domains. In the case of the dialogs, a typical use case might be a menu for
creation of resources that uses the discovered Dialog elements and shows:

Create new artifact:

- Defect
- Task
- Requirement
- Test Case

In order to support this use case, could we make the description for
oslc:label more explicit? Like: "Typically the type name of the
created/selected resource"?
Towards the same end, having oslc:name as 'exactly-one' would be
preferable, but I assume it is too late to make this a required property.

Thanks,
Patrick