[oslc-core] Changing dcterms:publisher in SPC & SP resources to be Resource and Either

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 3 10:14:19 EDT 2010

Both the oslc:ServiceProvider and oslc:ServiceProviderCatalog resource
definitions [1] have a property of oslc:publisher.  I have received some
feedback from implementers that it would be better if the definition were
made more flexible to instead be:

oslc:publisher - Valule-type: Resource - Representation: Either
(to allow for the Publisher information to live as a URI referencable
resource)

Any issues with making this change?

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification?sortcol=table;table=up;up=#Resource_Service_Provider_Catalo

P.S.  I wonder if we should relax our definition of these rules a bit.
They were originally intended for defining a serialization model but
clients should be prepared for most alternative formats (referenced vs.
inlined).  For example, a client should not depend on a service to define
resources that match the spec representation statements exactly (even if
it says it is a Local Resource, expect anything).