[oslc-core] Resources from a different service

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Thu Oct 21 12:19:22 EDT 2010

Dragos,

If the linked resource is managed by the service then it should have a
ResourceShape linked from the ServiceProvider resource. That should define
the scope of resources you get in a query.

The approach at OSLC is to be flexible in order to reduce the development
burden for service implementers. This creates a challenge for service
consumers such as tools. Therefore, tools need to degrade function
gracefully, i.e. handle cases where just a link is returned instead of all
the requested inlined data values.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management
IBM Software, Rational
Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063