[oslc-core] Splitting up the Core

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed May 12 04:57:21 EDT 2010

Hi.

Le lundi 10 mai 2010 à 11:29 -0400, Dave a écrit :
> >From the start, I wanted one Core spec document because the old
> broken-up OSLC v1 specs seemed to hard to follow, and hard to print
> out for offline reading because there were so many parts. But now, the
> Core spec seems too long, difficult to edit and too long to print out,
> which is a shame because the "core" part of the Core spec is only
> about 30 pages.

What about using turtle [0] or a similar easier to read (and more
compact) form of RDF instead of XML/RDF ?

Of course, some tools may be better implemented using XML, but for
readability by humans, it might help to have turtle examples instead.

And I believe some concepts might be better understood with clearest
possible RDF, considering how difficult it has become to understand some
current discussions in -core.

Just my 2 cents,

[0]: http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/
--