[oslc-core] Should RDF/XML be MUST?

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Tue May 11 17:20:02 EDT 2010

Agreed, but not as strong as MUST :-)

we only need one provider that doesn't do RDF/XML (or whatever it is that
we decide upon) and all consumers MUST deal with it, if they want to work
with that provider.

if the argument is that we need a strong encourangement to offer a
well-accepted representation, why not use MUST?

Perhaps you could set out the motivation for SHOULD over MUST?

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational