[oslc-core] Issue: do we really need 4 resource value-types?

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Fri May 28 11:07:46 EDT 2010

I like the four value-types that Arthur proposed and they've been in
the spec draft for some time now, but I wonder: do we need them all?

   See also -> http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2010-April/000111.html

Here's an issue I just raised on the issues page:

   1 OPEN We have defined value-types Resource, Inline Resource, Local
Resource and Local Inline Resource. Do we really truly need all of
these types? We want representation to be simple and use flat
name/value property model, so should we give them all these value
types? Can we live without Local Resource? What about Local Inline
Resource? Do we have use cases to support these things?

      * Response: pending...

Any opinions on this?

Thanks,
Dave