[oslc-core] Issue: need for a query resource definition

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:22:55 EDT 2010

I just added an issue to the OSLC Core DRAFT issues page.
   http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreV1Issues

Here' the issue: As things stand today in the OSLC Core spec DRAFT,
OSLC domain specs will have to specify the data model for query
resources. Domains can use OSLC defined resources terminology or a
shape to do this, but the result could be a different query
representation for each domain. I think this is a problem and my
preferred solution to this is to define a simple query shape in
Appendix A, make it optional and encourage OSLC domains to use it
rather than defining new query data models and representations.

I know we are in convergence and not supposed to be adding things to
the spec, but this seems like a significant gap. Wouldn't it be
preferable for specs to point at a common resource definition for
query rather than defining their own?

We're almost there now. We've defined the oslc:Repsonse

Or we could simply define a property to hold query result property
values, e.g. oslc:member (Resource or Inline Resource of any class,
one-or-many) each value represents one query result.

What is the consensus on this topic? Do we need to define a query
resource in OSLC Core?

Thanks,
- Dave