[oslc-core] Need for an XML literal value type

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Fri Mar 19 13:16:35 EDT 2010

Ian,

The following is the way to include the XML:

<dc:title rdf:parseType="Literal"><b>This is a title</b></dc:title>

When you want to check RDF/XML syntax, try the W3C RDF Validation Service.
[1]

Here's a complete valid RDF/XML document that contains literal XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/">
    <dc:title rdf:parseType="Literal"><b>This is a title</b></dc:title>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

[1] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube