[oslc-core] Need for an XML literal value type

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:24:23 EDT 2010

I'm still a little concerned about adding XML literal as a value type
and I'm trying to understand the pros and cons. The only justification
that we have so far for adding an XML literal value is for storing
XHTML data, which we need for rich text, but we can easily store XHTML
data as a string.

What specifically do we gain by putting XHTML content in-line in our
RDF/XML and Atom XML representations?

And conversely, what do we lose by not doing so?

Also, does putting XHTML content in-line in RDF/XML result in valid RDF/XML?

Thanks,
- Dave