[oslc-core] OSLC Core WG March 4, 2010 meeting minutes posted

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Fri Mar 12 16:58:00 EST 2010

Andy,

Yes, verbs can be nouned, e.g. when you solve a problem you get a
solution, which led to the amusing IBMism  that we "solution problems".

I think that there is such a large variety of possible actions one could
perform on resources, that we can't prescribe any single approach. The
topic of REST design is nicely discussed in RESTful Web Services [1] which
suggests several approaches.

[1] http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529260

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube