[oslc-core] Fw: [oslc-cm] foaf:Person vs sioc:User for dc:creator or oslc_cm:owner ?

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 14:03:31 EST 2010

What are we trying to accomplish with the dc:creator and owner fields?

Are we trying to solve a distributed identify problem or simply trying
to use the right model for givenName, familyName, emailAddress type
information? I believe we should do the latter in the 1st version of
the Core spec, but I agree that we may also need to do the former at
some point. At this point we have the notion of a user account, but no
notion of a "live person identifier" and I think we have to live with
that at least for v1.

For simple username information the FOAF fields are sufficient and I
believe a foaf:Person resource should be in the Core spec along with a
set of person properties. Actually, there are in the draft now.

In my opinion the Core spec should define a set of "core properties"
and the datatypes for each (e.g. foaf:Person for dc:creator), but that
individual specs should be free to override these on a case-by-case
basis.

- Dave