[oslc-core] Adding "or" to the Simple Query Syntax

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Wed Mar 3 16:00:03 EST 2010

I'd like to do a little poll on adding the boolean operator "or". It was
previously omitted so I left it out. However, several people have asked
why, and have claimed  that it is useful and too difficult to implement.

If people feel strongly that we should include "or", I'll take the TO DO
of investigating the complexity, i.e. is there a simple translation to
SPARQL and SQL? This could get complex if we allow arbitrarily nested
and/or expressions.

See
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcSimpleQuerySyntaxV1#boolean_op

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube