[oslc-core] Question on oslc query - absence of properties

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Mon Mar 1 08:15:09 EST 2010

Ian,

Yes, that would be very useful. One approach to implementing this is to
use aggregration, e.g. count. For example,

http://example.com/requirements?oslc.where=count(rm:satisfiedBy)=0

SQL implementations can handle this. Unfortunately, the current SPARQL
spec does not support aggregration. However, this could be added as an
extension but that would require spec and dev work.

We'd have to add an oslc.groupBy query parameter too to make aggregation
useful.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube