[oslc-core] Drop oslc:describes from oslc:ResourceShape

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Mon Jun 21 18:05:16 EDT 2010

Reporting has use case for it.
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/ReportingSpecifications?sortcol=table;up=#Appendix_Example

It does not necessarily has to tied to a type. However, we need know what
the Resource Shape is for, if not for a type, in the context of query.

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com
905-413-3232
tie line 313-3232

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:02:14 -0400
From: Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com>
To: oslc-core <oslc-core at open-services.net>
Subject: [oslc-core] Drop oslc:describes from oslc:ResourceShape

I'd like to raise this issue for discussion. Here's the description:

Resource Shapes - #25 - OPEN?- We do not want to enable rigid schemas
and we're not convinced that Resource Shapes are useful beyond
resource creation, query and possibly a constrained form of update.
So, we should not tie shapes to types and theoslc:describes?property
should be removed from the?oslc:ResourceShape?class (DaveJohnson,
06/14/2010).

Do we have any use cases that depend on oslc:describes? Anybody object
to dropping this property?

Thanks,
- Dave