[oslc-core] Proposed property table format

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 17 16:48:00 EDT 2010

Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com> wrote on 06/17/2010 02:08:00 PM:

> From: Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com>
> To: oslc-core <oslc-core at open-services.net>
> Date: 06/17/2010 02:10 PM
> Subject: [oslc-core] Proposed property table format
> Sent by: oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
>
> I created a new property table format for use in OSLC Core. Scroll
> to the end to see an example:
>    http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreLinksDRAFT
>
> The column names are:
>    - Prefixed Name
>    - Occurs
Where/how would one define if read-only?
Perhaps we can re-label "Occurs" to be "Constraints"

>    - Extended
I think that 99.2% of the time the value for spec defined properties will
be "No".  So why do we need a column for it?  I recommend adding
"Extended=true" to the proposed "Constraints" column.

>    - Value-type
>    - Value Class

I assume there will be some place where "Value-type" and "Value Class" are
defined.

>    - URI and Description

Do we really need the URI here if we can determine it from the "Prefixed
Name" column?  It makes for difficult reading by mixing URI with
description, so I propose dropping it.

> Spec leads, will this work for your spec? I am leaving things out,
> naming things inappropriately?  That and other feedback is most
welcome...

Looks promising.