[oslc-core] Defining domain namespaces

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 17 14:07:35 EDT 2010

Dave and I were just making sure we were in alignment with namespace URI
definitions across the domains and going forward.

The guidance includes defining a namespace URI structure that matches:
        http://open-services.net/ns/{domain}#

So for CM 2.0, even though we had a 1.0 spec with 1.0 in the namespace
URI, we'll have:
        http://open-services.net/ns/cm#

The value of doing this, and nailing it down now, is:
- Uniform across all domain specs, including a "final" change to the Core
NS to be http://open-services.net/ns/core#
- Additional properties can be added in existing namespaces for existing
resources.
   Example, adding a property to oslc_cm:ChangeRequest, we'll just add it
and shapes can be used to discover the addition of them

There is some precedence for this in Dublin Core, as DC went from:
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/ to http://purl.org/dc/terms/

Please raise any concerns or objections.