[oslc-core] Comments of OSLC Core Appendix A: Common Properties DRAFT

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Mon Jun 14 14:46:17 EDT 2010

1. Dublin Core Properties
- the namespace is missing the trailing slash - should be
http://purl.org/dc/terms/
- suggested prefix should be dcterms

2. OSLC Properties
- the spec uses both oslc:Shape and oslc:ResouceShape. These are the same.
Recommend we use oslc:ResourceShape.

3. Value-type: Property
- the property rdf:predicate is not appropriate since RDFS semantics imply
that its subject is an rdf:Statement, which is not what we intend here.
Suggest using oslc:onProperty since it is similar to owl:onProperty
- should explain the meaning of oslc:valueType to be the union of all the
value types mentioned. The design of this property is inconsistent since
for literal value types we can specify the datatype but for URI-valued
properties we cannot specify the type, just how they are represented
(inline, local, etc.)
- the namespace for the Resource value-types includes "oslc-core" but the
normal core namespace just includes "oslc", not "oslc-core". Use just one
base URI for all URI refs in the core.
- the datatype of oslc:maxSize is Number which is not a datatype. Use
Interger.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube