[oslc-core] PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:50:33 EDT 2010

The reason that I was worried about breakage is because we specified a
JSON format in OSLC-CM v1 spec but we did not specify how to declare
prefixes. So, old clients will use and expect "dc" and not "dcterms"
and they'll have no prefix declarations to help them sort things out.

I now believe that we will not see this breakage because we have a
spec-versioning story. Old clients won't send the OSLC Core v2 header
and therefore will never be expected to send or receive the new JSON
format (with the new dcterms prefix).

Are there other areas of potential breakage?

If not, I think we can do the right thing and use dcterms.

Thanks,
- Dave