[oslc-core] Issue: need for a query resource definition

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Mon Jun 7 14:00:47 EDT 2010

I agree with Arthur.

The current draft spec. (in convergence) seems to work for me, at least for
an example on paper. So, not sure what problem are we trying to address?

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com
905-413-3232
tie line 313-3232

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 16:18:02 -0400
From: Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com>
To: Ian Green1 <ian.green at uk.ibm.com>
Cc: oslc-core <oslc-core at open-services.net>,
             oslc-core-bounces at open-services.net
Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Issue: need for a query resource definition
<OFA44A8F21.D58E5350-ON85257731.006E4F78-85257731.006F94B3 at ca.ibm.com>

Ian/Dave,

Sorry if I am misunderstanding the use case, but I disagree. The result of
a query is just a set of RDF triples and we have defined how to present
that in RDF/XML.

If we want to support queries that don't return triples and just return
tuples of values, then we can use the query result format defined for
SPARQL.

Why invent yet another query result format?

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube