[oslc-core] common properties creator and contributor

James Conallen jconallen at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 30 12:44:35 EDT 2010

Looking deep into the core common properties I have a concern around the
definition for and dcterms:creator and dcterms:contributor.  In our Jazz
world we often just pass around a user URI and the creator property might
look like this:

<dcterms:creator rdf:resource="https://martha:9443/jazz/users/admin1" />

If a client did a GET on this resource they would most likely get
redirected to the user's HTML page on the jazz server, and not get a
foaf:Person resource.

I think it is important that we allow non-foaf:Person ids, since IDS can be
asssigned/managed by a non-OSLC application, and we'll want to preserve
this value because it is referenced in lots of other non-OSLC things.

 I'm pointing this out because as I read the definition (range) for creator
 and contributor is only has foaf:Person.   I think we need to allow
 creator and contributor to be either foaf:Person, or anyURI.

<jim/>

jim conallen
jconallen at us.ibm.com
Rational Software, IBM Software Group