[oslc-core] Corrections in Resource Shapes

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jul 27 15:55:14 EDT 2010

Some issues with Resource Shapes [1]

1. The description of oslc:propertyDefinition is not clear. The property
name suggests it refers to some definition. However, I assume it refers to
the URI of the property whose shape is being described. The description
reads:

Definition of the property whose usage is being described.

Shouldn't it be:

URI of the property whose usage is being described.

2. There are two uses of the property oslc:allowedValue. One refers to an
oslc:AllowedValues resource. The other inlines an allowed value. I suggest
we rename the first usage to oslc:allowedValues.

3. oslc:representation is defined as a String whose values are:
'Reference' or 'Inline' or 'Either' . The recommended design for this
situation is to use URIs, which is what is used for oslc:valueType.
Following that design I suggest we use the following URIs

http://open-service.net/ns/core#Reference
http://open-service.net/ns/core#Inline
http://open-service.net/ns/core#Either

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA?sortcol=table;up=#oslc_ResourceShape_Resource

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube