[oslc-core] Suggested terminology change in core: Selective Property Values

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:19:15 EDT 2010

I tried to avoid the term "partial resource" because there is no such
thing. When you get a resource, you get the full thing. When you add
the selective properties stuff to a resource URL you get another
resource (different URL means different resource) that is related to
the first, but that has subset of its properties.

I think this sentence could be improved:

"OSLC services MAY support a technique called Selective Properties to
enable clients to retrieve only selected property values."

What if we said instead: "retrieve only the values of selected properties"?

Would that help?

Thanks,
- Dave