[oslc-core] Query syntax BNF - What is uri_ref_esc ?

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Wed Jul 21 12:37:47 EDT 2010

Steve,

The attribute rdf:resource is just the RDF/XML syntax for specifying the
object of a triple. rdf:resource is itself not a property.

I saw this comment from Ian Green:

   I would like to query for resources that have a relationship to some
   URI. So for example:

   <oslc:resource>
     <dc:title>some resource</dc:title>
     <acme:relationship rdf:resource="http://cyote.com/res/res1"/>
   </oslc:resource>
   how would I construct a query to get all resources that have a
   <acme:relationship> with a the rdf:resource attribute of
   http://cyote.com/res/res1?

   we could treat rdf:resource as a special case I guess, but what if the
   property was:

   <acme:relationship priority="high"
   df:resource="http://cyote.com/res/res1"/>

Assume that the acme: prefix is mapped to http://acme.example.org/ns.
Assume the query URL is http://acme.example.org/resource,  and its members
are the resources of type <oslc:resource> The query would be:

   http://acme.example.org/resource?oslc.prefix=acme=<http://acme.example.org/ns>&oslc.where=acme:relationship=<http://cyote.com/res/res1>

Is this example what you are looking for? If so I'll add it to the spec.

If either URLs contain a '>' character, then it would be escaped as '\>'.

 Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

 Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

 IBM Software, Rational

 Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell:       Twitter | Facebook |
 416-939-5063                                                         YouTube

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Arthur Ryman <ryman at ca.ibm.com>                                                                                                                   |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |oslc-core at open-services.net                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |07/21/2010 11:24 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
  |Re: [oslc-core] Query syntax BNF - What is uri_ref_esc ?                                                                                          |

Arthur,

Thanks.  It would be helpful to see an example of this in the spec as
well.  Specifically, some questions I've heard is how one would reference
@rdf:resource and quoting, etc.

For example, how to query for a specific user URI.

Thanks,
Steve