[oslc-core] Programmatic determination of what is supported

James Conallen jconallen at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 20 13:05:29 EDT 2010

As we see various implementations of any given OSLC specification, even
Core 2.0 ones, do we have any means to determine which of the optional
features a given implementation supports?

For example suppose we have two different implementation the OSLC xM
specification which is a core 2.0 derived spec; "Product A" and "Product
B".  Each developed by a different vendor, hence they made different
decisions on which optional features they support.  For example Product A
supports selective properties and Product B does not..

Is there any way for a client to determine if the product supports
selective properties or not, without actually trying it and then looking
for a non-400 response code?

<jim/>

jim conallen
jconallen at us.ibm.com