[oslc-core] OSLC RDF/XML Subset and Jena Writer for RDF/XML-ABBREV

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Thu Jul 15 10:11:48 EDT 2010

It is conjectured that the Jena RDF/XML-ABBREV writer can reliably
generate output that conforms to the OSLC subset. Here is the page that
describes the options to tweak [1] Some of these map to rules in the
RDF/XML spec.

I think we can avoid the use of certain rules, but it's not clear to me
that we can consistently enforce the resource inlining implied by the OSLC
rules.

I believe the OSLC Core should not impose an implementation burden on
people who want to use RDF toolkits to generate output. Can we prove this
holds for Jena?

[1] http://jena.sourceforge.net/IO/iohowto.html#output

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube