[oslc-core] Meeting notes and using rdf:RDF as root element

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:07:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Furthermore, when I try to generate RDF using
>> the toolkit, it will not conform to the OSLC subset so I'll have to write
>> my own serializer. We are therefore in the paradoxical situation of
>> embracing RDF as our data model yet making life more difficult for
>> implementers that want to use RDF toolkits.
>
> This could be a real issue and probably warrants some testing with
> Jena and other RDF serializers. Can anybody comment in this issue?

To answer my own question...

Here's how you would generate OSLC recommended RDF with Jena using Java:

    	// define a bogus OSLC resource
    	Property oslcBogon = new
PropertyImpl("http://open-services.net/ns/bogus#Bogon");

    	// define a property
    	Property dctermsTitle = new PropertyImpl("http://purl.org/dc/terms/title");

    	// create a model, add the prefixes we want
    	Model model = ModelFactory.createDefaultModel();
    	model.setNsPrefix("dcterms", "http://purl.org/dc/terms/");
    	model.setNsPrefix("oslc-bogus", "http://open-services.net/ns/bogus#");

    	// create a resource, add a title
    	Resource resource = model.createResource("http://example.com/resources/1");
    	resource.addProperty(RDF.type, oslcBogon);
    	resource.addLiteral(dctermsTitle, "This is my title.");

    	// spit it out in OSLC form
    	RDFWriter writer = model.getWriter("RDF/XML-ABBREV");
    	String useAbsoluteURLs = null;
    	writer.write(model, System.out, useAbsoluteURLs);

When you run that you get this:

   <rdf:RDF
       xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
       xmlns:oslc-bogus="http://open-services.net/ns/bogus#">