[oslc-core] Do we really need oslc.paging ?

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 16 16:52:00 EST 2010

The purpose of oslc.paging=true was enable a client to inform a servicer
that "it understood" paging of a resource format request.

I'm proposing that we drop oslc.paging and use oslc.pageSize for that
purpose instead.  Not that this would provide substantial change or
simplification,  believe we are at a point in the process where this would
be easy enough to make the change.
One possible change to oslc.pageSize is to define what it means when a
client requests 0.  This could imply that the service gets to decide.  I
don't see this as important, as the current spec says the service can
ignore the requested pageSize anyway.

Also, given that I do not know of any service provider supporting this (or
a client using it).  If they were, it was probably being ignored or being
used in conjunction with oslc.pageSize.

Does anyone strongly object to this change?  (I'm not saying the change is
approved, looking for feedback).