[oslc-core] Fw: Issue with the Use of dcterms:title and dcterms:description with oslc:ResponseInfo

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 7 10:02:57 EST 2010

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM wrote on 12/07/2010 09:26:31 AM:

> From: Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA
> To: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: Martin Nally/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS, oslc-core at open-services.net
> Date: 12/07/2010 09:31 AM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Fw: Issue with the Use of dcterms:title and
> dcterms:description with oslc:ResponseInfo
>
> 206 is used for partial GET requests. Does the Core spec discuss those?

The Core spec does not call out this HTTP response code explicitly but it
does say "OSLC Services MUST comply with the HTTP specification
(reference: HTTP). "

So OSLC consumers could expect this response per HTTP spec and handle it
if capable.

> I don't think we're creating an HTML solution, just specifying how to
use
> existing mechanisms. Paging is very common in HTML, especially for large
documents.

Perhaps not sure I follow this.  How is this paging done in HTML today?  I
know in static HTML pages, there are <a href=""/> to get next/prev page.
In dynamic HTML pages, the JS often fetches via HttpXmlRequest a "page" of
information and then renders it.  Which one are you referring to? or
something else?