[oslc-core] Authentication details in service documents

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Tue Aug 31 16:49:21 EDT 2010

Jim,

I don't think it follows that Service documents need to be unsecured. They
could be secured with the usual Web authentication mechanisms, e.g.
HTTPS+BASIC, or Digest. OAuth is really for the more complicated case of
an application acting on behalf of a user.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube