[oslc-core] Authentication details in service documents

Ian Green1 ian.green at uk.ibm.com
Thu Aug 26 10:57:10 EDT 2010

Hi Jim,

The DOORS RP OSLC RM implementation does not provide these properties.  A
provider could offer a top-level catalogue which did not require
authentication, but which does not contain security-protected information.
 This catalog would have an ouathProvider property and a
serviceProviderCatalog but no serviceProvider.  My interpretation of the
core spec. is that those oauth urls would be used to gain access to the
cited serviceProviderCatalog.  This nested catalog would not necessarily
contain oauth urls (but it could).

The IBM Rational Jazz-based providers that I've seen consider the catalog
to be protected, and the oauth urls come from elsewhere, not defined by
OSLC.

Should the expectation around oauthProvider be clarified, perhaps?

best wishes,
    -ian

ian.green at uk.ibm.com (Ian Green1/UK/IBM at IBMGB)
Chief Software Architect, Requirements Definition and Management
IBM Rational