[oslc-core] ResourceShape usage of oslc:name in conjunction with oslc:propertyDefinition

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 24 14:23:23 EDT 2010

Upon further review, here is what the properties are used for (in my own
words):

oslc:name - localname part of QName, ie XML element name.  for example
"implementedBy"
dc:title - a meaningful label suitable for presentation to an end user,
for example "Implemented by"
oslc:propertyDefinition - full URI identifier for the property definition
(oslc:propertyDefinition is a concatenation of namespace URI + oslc:name),
for example "http://www.open-services.net/ns/cm#implementedBy"

Problem is that shape properties are defined in 2 different places with
slightly different text, see [1] and [2].  I propose that [1] be a textual
high-level definition of resources and point to [2] to be a more detailed
definition, with property definitions, value types,  with allowed values,
etc.

[1]
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification#OSLC_Defined_Resources
[2]