[oslc-core] ResourceShape usage of oslc:name in conjunction with oslc:propertyDefinition

Scott Bosworth bosworth at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 23 10:57:03 EDT 2010

> Regarding oslc:name  What is this required or needed at all?  Can this be

> determined from the oslc:propertyDefinition URI ?  The oslc:name doesn't
> have any namespace URI.  The usage of it seems redundant and error prone.

> Though do we make any guarantees on how to split the
> oslc:propertyDefinition URI after hash # to determine the name or is
there
> even a need?
>
> See
> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/
> OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA#oslc_ResourceShape_Resource

I thought oslc:name was there for the purposes of having a human readable
label that could be presented to end users in something like a query
builder or other ui? This seems like a different purpose than
oslc:propertyDefinition?

Scott Bosworth | IBM Rational CTO Team | bosworth at us.ibm.com | 919.486.2197
(w) | 919.244.3387(m) | 919.254.5271(f)