[oslc-core] Proposed change to JSON formatting rules for Query responses

Patrick Streule patrick_streule at ch.ibm.com
Mon Aug 2 15:43:57 EDT 2010

I am in favor of Steve's suggestion, too, but this would mean that the same
change is necessary elsewhere:

Looking at the example in
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixB?sortcol=table;up=#Query_Resource

There is a resource oslc:BlogQuery with oslc_blog:comment properties that
hold the query results.

These elements are defined by the Query Resource Shape.

Some concerns that I have:

1) Wouldn't these resources/properties also have to be spec'd by the
domains? I.e. the CM spec would have to define e.g. a
'oslc_cm:ChangeRequestQueryResult' resource. Currently, I don't see
anything about query results e.g. in the CM, QM and RM specs.

2) Does a domain specific query result resource provide added value over a
generic 'oslc:QueryResult' resource with 'oslc:results' properties? I see
that we get "Type Safety" by the domain specific resources/properties, but
the convenience of a common format for query results seems to outweigh
that, IMO.

Thanks,
Patrick