[oslc-core] OAuthConfiguration and need for OAuth consumer key/secret requests

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 29 11:37:53 EDT 2010

It would be good if we had a way for a consumer to discover how to request
a consumer key/secret.

Since this process is non-standard (not saying we should define the
protocol here), perhaps we could have a property on where one could go to
make the requests.  I'd propose we add OAuthConsumerRequest with type is
URI.  Possible values for this property could be: a URL to a website that
describes how to make the request, a mailto link on who to email a request
to, etc.

This is a very simple way to point consumers in the right direction for
such a request.