[oslc-core] Fw: OAuthConfiguration

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Wed Apr 28 17:39:29 EDT 2010

I looked at the link referred by Olivier and confirmed what I think they
are.

OAuth spec. defined these three roles :
            Service Provider:
                A web application that allows access via OAuth.
          User:
                An individual who has an account with the Service Provider.
          Consumer:
                A website or application that uses OAuth to access the
                Service Provider on behalf of the User.

Here is my mental model mapping them to OSLC and (Rational products as
concrete examples). I probably may not get it right. Please correct.
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|OAuth                   |OSLC                    |Rational Products       |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|Service Provider        |(not defined in OSLC)   |Jazz Foundation Service |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|User                    |OSLC Client             |RQM user                |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|Consumer                |OSLC Service Provider   |RQM Fronting App        |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

Accordingly to the OAuth spec., the three URL's are for OAuth Consumer and
OAuth Service Provider, thus I don't understand how they are related to
OSLC Service Provider and OSLC Client that we are defining in Core.

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com
905-413-3232
tie line 313-3232
----- Forwarded by Tack Tong/Toronto/IBM on 04/28/2010 03:24 PM -----
|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Tack Tong/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |oslc-core at open-services.net                                                                                                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |04/26/2010 11:23 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [oslc-core] OAuthConfiguration                                                                                                                |

Hi.

Le dimanche 25 avril 2010 à 22:30 -0400, Tack Tong a écrit :
> Dave,
>
> I put in an issue for OAuth. Could you please elaborate on the use of
> the OAuthConfiguration. I am having trouble understanding this.
>
> OPEN OAuthConfiguration? has three properties -
> oslc:oauthAccessTokenURI, oslc:authorizationURI,
> oslc:oauthAccessTokenURI. Need more elaboration on what are these
> properties and how they would be use for. I have no idea why we need
> these. (TackTong, 04/25/2010) Response?? (TackTong, 04/25/2010)

I'd tend to believe these are the three required endpoints that OAuth
enabled systems provide for the protocol to operate.

See http://oauth.net/core/1.0a/#request_urls for more details.

I haven't followed discussions on OAuth in OSLC though, so this is just
my guessing ;)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

--