[oslc-core] Proposed Discussion/Comment resource model for inclusion into Core

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Apr 28 05:01:42 EDT 2010

Hi.

Le mardi 27 avril 2010 à 12:35 -0400, Steve K Speicher a écrit :
> The CM workgroup has defined a resource model for Discussions and
> Comments see:  http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmComments

Sorry I haven't kept up with the ongoing works in Cm recently and didn't
raise this earlier.

> This appears to be very applicable to many domains.  I'd propose we
> move this to Core spec/guidance and it live in the core namespace.
> Any objections?

May I suggest to adopt more generally used/popular Ontology for these
like SIOC [0], as is done for DC for other "common" properties ?

SIOC already pretty well defines a lot of posts, messages, comments and
likes, and already is quite used in the Semantic Web applications (blog
tools, etc.).

I'm not sure it's really ALM specific to model comments and
conversations, so I wouldn't think it worth reimplementing as part of
OSLC, which should focus primarily to real domain-specific concepts.

Sorry I couldn't raise this in time of -CM workgroup again.

Just my 2 cents,

[0]: http://sioc-project.org/ontology

Best regards,
--