[oslc-core] Common Properties

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Tue Apr 27 14:10:46 EDT 2010

I suggest to add dc:modified to the list of common properties, since
reporting spec. says resources SHOULD have it.

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com
905-413-3232
tie line 313-3232.
----- Forwarded by Tack Tong/Toronto/IBM on 04/27/2010 02:08 PM -----

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:31:31 -0400
From: Scott Bosworth <bosworth at us.ibm.com>
To: oslc-core at open-services.net
Subject: Re: [oslc-core] OSLC Common Properties
<OF7D3FC086.E758D17B-ON85257712.005EFBD3-85257712.006044FE at us.ibm.com>

I edited Appendix A in the Core, cleaning up a few things and adding
dc:identifier, dc:name, and dc:subject to the list of common properties.
Appreciate a sanity check review of this section.

Other Dublin Core candidates I've come across in existing or drafted oslc
specs include dc:type, dc:format, though I'd like to see some discussion on
these to see if we have a consensus view of the common use of these
properties.

I have not looked at additional common oslc namespace properties since very
few workgroups have proposed new properties beyond DC. Any suggestions for
which one's should be considered common?

I suspect that we should also have a list of common link-type properties
(e.g. oslc:implementedBy, etc.). Dave, are you planning to address this in
the link guidance? Or in Appendix A?

Scott Bosworth | IBM Rational CTO Team | bosworth at us.ibm.com | 919.486.2197
(w) | 919.244.3387(m) | 919.254.5271(f)

Dave <snoopdave at gmail.com> wrote on 04/27/2010 08:41:06 AM:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: [oslc-core] OSLC Common Properties
>

> I added an issue to the issues page to track this:
>
>    1 %RED%OPEN%ENDCOLOR% List of common properties is too short and
> does not really contain properties that are common across OSLC
> specifications - see also
> http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/2010-
> April/000140.html
> (DaveJohnson 04/28/2010).
>       * *Response* Yes, review domain specs to ensure we have truly
> common properties (DaveJohnson 04/28/2010).
>
> Thanks,
> - Dave

http://open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-core_open-services.net/attachments/20100427/d6d2f878/attachment.html

End of Oslc-Core Digest, Vol 3, Issue 31