[oslc-core] Fw: Oslc-Core Digest, Vol 3, Issue 30

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Tue Apr 27 12:18:37 EDT 2010

In one of Arthur's use case, "Instance-based information, e.g. you are
given the URL of an instance resource and you want to find its shape".

So, I was given http://example.com/bugs/2314, and I don't want to get all
properties of the resource. So, I need to get its shape to construct a
query usign oslc.properties. How do I get the shape? If I follow the
proposal, it would be to do a get on http://example.com/bugs/2314 that
would return me ALL properties including oslc.instanceShape. So, it looks
like I won't be able to get its shape by given an URL, unless I do a get on
the resource first.

In order to achieve what I want to do, I guess I should do
http://example.com/bugs/2314?oslc.properties=oslc:instanceShape
that would return me the reference to the shape.
Then, I can get the shape and construct the query.

Is this the right thinking for the use of this new property
oslc:instanceShape.

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com