[oslc-core] Questions on Query in Core Spec.

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Mon Apr 26 10:25:59 EDT 2010

Tack,

1. Correct - you don't create a Query Capability for every resource since
there are an unbounded number of them. You'd only create Query
Capabilities for a few "root" resources. You'd query those to find other
resources.  To discover the shape of a resource do the following:
GET the resource and look at its rdf:type and other properties. One of
them should link back to the service provider, directly e.g.
oslc:serviceProvider, or indirectly.
GET the service provider and look for the shape resources. Find the one
for the rdf:type of the initial resource.

2. Correct, oslc.properties=*{*} matches all the properties of a resource,
and all of its nested properties (to depth 1).

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube