[oslc-core] Questions on Query in Core Spec.

Tack Tong tacktong at ca.ibm.com
Sun Apr 25 22:15:14 EDT 2010

1. One can use oslc.properties to query on an OSLC resource. e.g.
http://example.com/bugs/4242?oslc.properties=dc:title,dc:creator
{foaf:givenName,foaf:familyName}
If I was given the URL of a resource (such as http://example.com/bugs/4242
), how do I find out its Resource Shape so that I know what are the
properties to query on. I don't think I can create a self subject Query
Capability of every individual resource.

2. The wildcard oslc.properties=* and oslc.select=* should return all
properties of the resource and all properties of the members in the list.
How do I specify to return all properties including properties of all
nested properties? Do I use oslc.properties=*{*} or something similar?

Tack Tong
IBM Rational software
tacktong at ca.ibm.com
905-413-3232