[oslc-core] Core and Domain Spec Versioning String

Samit Mehta samit.mehta at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 21 10:03:08 EDT 2010

One other possible scenario (if I am understanding the thinking around
versioning and dependency between Core and Domain Specs) is that there are
significant changes in Core 2.0 (e.g. a significant change in how partial
updates is implemented).  The working group for the Domain spec that needs
to make some minor changes to the to support some Domain specific scenario
does not want to burden that all the providers upgrade to the Core 2.0.
With a separate versioning of Core 2.0, they could decide that next
version of the Domain spec (Domain vNext) would require Domain vNext be
based on Core 1.0, but service providers can also optionally support Core
2.0.

I am not clear on how clients interact with different versions of
Core/Domain spec, so I may have the above wrong.
Samit Mehta
(512) 323-9350 - Work
mailto:samit.mehta at us.ibm.com
IBM Rational Software - Business Development